MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Somebody Called...Somebody's Knocking...

Somebody called the house and wifey was able to answer the telephone call...it was a long distance call from Manila...It was because I have applied on-line in the internet ... this is one of those new high tech means and technologies where one may submit an on-line application to many companies who are in the internet...I could remember quite very well that a few years back...one has to make a lot of hard copies of one's application letter and resumes and send it through lbc, jrs, or mail to the company one has chosen to apply...that was a very costly endeavor...but nowadays...with the advent of the internet and email and its technologies...one could send his application and resume to multiple companies on the net using not more than 10 mouse clicks at that...the time have really change...these new technologies have also change the shape and methodology of recruitment in the Human Resources Industry...most companies that have homepages in the net also have features where one may drop and submit his CV at their websites...I am also presently using the technique of cold calling in my search for a new job...its a way wherein the applicant chooses the companies that he wants to apply to and submits his CV even when there are no vacancies that are available...the more companies you send to...the more chances of getting a job interview or opportunity...sometimes your resume will end up in a data or talent bank somewhere...and who knows your CV might just come out when a meta search engine is activated???...anyway...the guy that called said that they got my application from jobstreet.com where I have posted a resume/CV and that I had applied there...I had some feedback that if you don't join the priority application option at jobstreet your application would go nowhere...you need to shell out something like one grand more or less to activate that option but I didn't I am using the free option of jobstreet...they said that they were from sykes...and that they were verifying some details on my resume...they asked for my landline number and that they were going to call me for a short interview...and of course wifey called me to let me know...but as of today the call had never materialize...anyway...If they do call I'll try to do my best to nail the job interview...hopefully...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit