MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, March 10, 2006

The bug got me!!!!

It's been two days that I have been down with the flu...this was not going to be an easy bout...one can easily notice if one's resistance is up to it or not...I was asking myself how did i get the bug???I could faintly recall while waiting for a jeep at Ayala...there was a short drizzle...what we normally would call "Inday-Inday" kind of rainfall...I never did mind the rain then so I got a little wet on the head and shoulders...that was a monday...and the effects would hit me by wednesday when symptoms start appearing...like head aches...burning sensation around the eye sockets...a little cough...when I awoke by thursday morning...it was quite clear to me that the bug got me...I tried to contain the whole thing by taking paracetamols...but to no avail...I tried to go to work and but every hour it was just getting worst so I just left the office a little early and prepared myself for the big fight. I tried taking lots of fluids...hunkered down to bed...got on a thick sweat shirt on...and tried to sleep it off...but by midnight I was shaking all over...chilled to the bones...I was shaking so much that I had difficulty in breathing...I was literally breathing through my mouth...I took my medicine again and after a hour or so...my breathing went back to normal although the heat of my body and hands were sill there...Fever...I was fighting feverishly...I don't even know if I was conscious or not because I was drifting in the middle of it due to the high fever I was experiencing...there were all black and white dreams were passing in or out of my consciousness...I was still fighting for my body temperature....when I awoke the next morning...it was a friday...I just couldn't make it to work...I had to stay home some more and sleep the fever off my back...I had dried lips...bad breath due to the many medicines I had taken...I was not ablt to take a bath...My body temperature was a mess...I didn't have the appetite to eat...wifey was always at my side...I knew she tried to sleep but I knew she really can't because she had to watch over me...I lost the battle on the first night...but in going to the second night...I was more prepared...I took my medicines every after 4 hrs....wifey had to wake me up at times to see to it that took my medicines...my body temperature was starting to become normal...I was literally convalencing myself...but only with the passage of time could I regain my strength...and by Saturday morning I could report for work again...there were still things I need to do at work...Its the transition from cold temperature to hot weather that causing a lot of fever...we easily get affected when we are not careful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit