MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, March 03, 2006

My thoughts on Recruitment

Recruitment work has always been very tedious and time consuming job...its just like an orchestra and you are the conductor in the concert ...too many things need to come together and a lot of things and factors do come along and are playing with you...I know how that feels...anyway...you still need to know when to disassociate yourself from your work and your personal time...its not that you don't know how to...its just like being a cook and a chef at the same time makes you lose your focus on the matter...so trying to play all those different roles would mess you up...if not...you are going to be a candidate for an early burn-out...and that's not good...try to look at the bright side of recruitment...you get to meet and talk to a lot of very very different kinds of people and the spectrum may vary from some that may be quite interesting to amusing and to the boring and annoying and unelegible stuff (hard to comprehend)what they are saying or talking about or the way they speak in such a way that these people that you talk to would make your eardrums ache... you become somewhat shell-shock (that feeling of numbness in your ears after a whole day of listening) you are quite tired specially sometimes when you conduct your interviews they go on a diatribe about their lives...their dreams...their hopes...you can't also help but be affected by all this stuff...you have to literally redirect your thoughts and conversation as it is going nowhere...We also do have emotions and feelings which we cannot ignore...we just can't be too laid back and be insensitive to all that's going around you and our human nature will see to it that we do get affected..we can learn from these events and stories...I can remember those times when I had to go to Manila...Iloilo...Bacolod...Cagayan...and Davao to do campus recruitment..i must have met a great number of people in many fleeting moments of interviewing them ...my hard work gets rewarded when I see those guys that have pass the recruitment process and have become productive employees of the company...its a hit and miss game...there is no sure fire way of knowing that the person you have recruited will stay with you for the longest time because people change through time...there were times when I met those people that I was a part of recruiting them in their jobs thanking me for what I have done a few years back...I feel good about that...there were even time when an employee from a previous firm I had worked for thank me when we met casually in the mall and I could not even remember their names...only their faces... there is fulfillment when in one small way or another I was able to help people through my job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit