MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, March 17, 2006

I Miss My Mom 2

When you hear the old cliche "The only time that you realize how important some people or some things are to you is when you lose them" for some we do take these matters for granted and it may be hard to comprehend during those times but fact of the matter is that is really true...I could still remember very well in my nemories how my mom would put us to sleep... I would hear my mom's distinct humming of a tune which some what works just like a lullabye...my mom can carry a tune...and each time I hear a mother putting her baby to sleep by humming a tune...i would instantly remember my mom...In all honesty our mother really did a good job in raising us...even during those times that amoung our brothers we notice that she had a favorite sibling...we could not really point a finger because she knows how to balance her attention on us...what I really did notice about her is that you tend to become the favorite child not because of anythings else but only because you needed more help... so those brothers who rarely need help would complain of favoritsm ...but mother knows best...and for sure...someday we will find the reasons behind why mother took care of the child who needed her most in terms of support and guidance...During the day my mom was to be buried...I was not the best of being a good son...I had lots of problems...I was into drugs...I was in drinking hard...I had my own group of bad company with me...To make the description of me more nearer to reality...I was the bad sheep...the prodigal son...most of my relatives and family have given up on me and would even say I would not wonder if he ends up in prison someday...or I don't think anything good will come out of this guy...or he does not have any chance at all of making a life for myself out of this world...but till the end I knew my mom never lose hope in me...when the funeral march was about to begin...I was together with some of my aunties in an ante room at the house as we were preparing ourselves for the march...all of a sudden I could not stand up...I felt so heavy my knees just simply gave up and I was crying and crying...I couldn't understand how I felt during that moment...I kept on crying and telling my aunties that I could not stand up....after almost five minutes...I could again stand up...and I asked my Titas what happended to me? and one of my Titas said "You don't understand what happened to you...your mom was saying her goodbyes to you...she embraced you so hard...that was the time that you felt the "Heaviness" of your body and that your knees could not support your body!!! Then I ask them why me???This didn't happened to the rest of my brothers???My auntie told me that My mother was really worried about me...she could not leave this world thinking that his son still has a problem...and that she wanted to remind me to do my best to make her proud someday...today...I am a manager in a construction company...People...from my relatives to my family never thought that I could absolutely take a 180 degree turn and change my life all over...to them it was impossible...but it is possible...I have become a happily married and responsible person...and my only wish was "only If my mom could see me now...She would be very happy...beaming in delight and a very proud mother...because I do believe that have turn out to be a good son...though I never did get the chance to Let my mother see How I have turned out to be...but this means a greater responsibility for me to show to the rest of the people that good things do happen to people when they believe...that they can be good...to themselves...to others...because their moms have taught them to be good...and to do good"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit