MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

For Those That Stay Behind To Help The Country

except for the insipidity of the news about the political crisis our country is going through...nothing out of the blue is happening...but each time that I am reminded of how we filipinos shoot our own foot and mess up our own country...Those prophetic words spoken by Manuel L. Quezon reminds me when he said "I prefer a government ran like hell by filipinos to a government run like heaven by americans"...oh so true...be careful for what you wish for...you might just get it...well we really got what we want... I really feel so bad and frustrated at the state of our nation's affairs...there were times when I really gave it a serious thought (about practically leaving the country and making do of a life abroad)...but then again I have chosen not to...when we were born here in our homeland...the resources that were used to bring us to this world were the country's hospitals...doctors...nurses...etc... when we got educated...the country's schools...teachers...books...priest...nuns...etc...all poured their resources to bring forth an intelligent and idealistic young man...who decided to instead of using his talent...skills...education...and experience for the benefit of the country that bestowed his development...he is driven by his wishes to become economically stable, to be richand free from any want and for whatever reason there may be that he cannot fulfill his dreams because this country could not give him what he wants because of its limited resources ...he has left the country to work for another country become its citizen and for that it is another society who becomes the receipient of his skills and talents...but I guess that's not for a lot of people...no matter what has transpired with the problems of our nation...no matter how our country has been politically and economically falling apart...we still have lots of filipinos who have decided to stay behind to do their share of nation building and to be a part of the society, institutions, and resources that will raise sons and daughters who may someday leave their motherland and serve another nation abroad...work for a first world country at that...send their dollars here to prop the economy...but they have left as immigrants which is different from those people who are OFWs who toil abroad to give their families a better future...but among those sons and daugters...there will be some that will stay behind...to serve their people and country...and these people are the silent middle class of society...who pay their taxes...and prop up these politicians who have no other contribution but to show how good we are as a people on crab mentality...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit