MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, March 24, 2006

A Possible New Home For Me

Thursday evening March 23, 2006 at aroung 8 pm... received a call...I was informed that I had been scheduled for interview at NL located at Compostela, Cebu...I was to report at their office by 10 a.m. of March 24, 2006...I was a bit surprise to hear from this company because they had a wanted ad for a Staff position and I just emailed my resume to them using the method of cold calling...wherein I made a List of companies with email adds and I just applied and sent my CV through email...with the hope that my cv will be placed in a talent bank or a database of applicants and when they do a meta search of their data base...my cv or name might come out...but then again...I was called...so I took the details of my appointment...went online...and did some research on the company that I had an interview with...the company was founded last july of 1998 and was making home and garden accessories...furnitures...so the next day...I had an appointment with fate...and went to the interview...I took a jeepney ride to compostela... I stopped at the corner of UV gullas in compostela and took a habal-habal ride to their plant which was in a secluded part near some hills...at first I was interviewed by the HR Officer, followed by the plant manager, I told them that I never expected to be called because I was already a manager and they needed a staff for personnel and i was informed that my resume was particularly noticed by one of the owners and that she wanted to see and talked to me...I was informed to wait further because they were already coming to the plant...after 11 am, I was called to the nearby office for the interview...In my impression the interview went well and I was able to express myself I also saw that the company also had a vision...and that we were able to share some common thought and issues...I felt I nailed the interview...and that it ended in a very positive note...I hope I am not just being too positive about it but I did feel pretty good when you know that your skills and knowledge are being sought after...one of the main questions that was asked of me was why i want to leave the company i'm working with for 8 years...I said that I had to go because I had lost the passion for my job...the fire that should be burning inside me is gone...what meaning is there when your purpose for existence has been taken from you???This is all because management has not supported the organizational development activities and plans that I have made...the only purpose that is left for me in my present job is to be the hatchet man...when some employees are to be removed...my advocacy to help others help themselves is gone...anyway...where ever this oppotunity may lead me...its a brand new start for me...I'm very hopeful that I could again be given the chance to do what I do best...although its quite far from the city...I could not care less...I believe I have found again a purpose for my existence...hopefully negotiations will push through and the salary i'm asking for will be given...then I could start a new life and belong to a new home...a home that I had been searching for quite some time...will my quest for a new job found its final chapter???...Will I have landed my dream job?...Will fate be kinder to me and give me a happy work life?...Will I be given a kind and good management that will support me??? then... we will see in the following days...abangan... I also wrote an email letter to Ms. cathy to thank her for giving me the chance to be interviewed...I felt a rekindling light has been turned on...I am quite happy today...Thank you Lord for your blessings!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit