MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mga Sipsip Sycophants

One of the most intriguing phenomenas inside work organizations or organizations for that matter are the rise of sycophants (mga SipSip) these people are notably effective in being quite pleasant when they are in front of you and are quite very smiling, but once you turn your backs on these people they are the worst of manipulative sociopaths. They pretend in such away that if you are not careful they might catch you off-guard and you may say something or give comments that they would immediately report to your boss or management just to gain points (pogi) and increase their 25 cents worth of dignity.

The Sycophant's methods are in the realm of flattery by sucking up on the boss or their bossess. They have that ability to know what a given person wants to hear, and what the person doesn't want to hear. If they are given enough time they may stroke your boss ego and play to his fears and slowly isolate him from anything that might possibly contradict his increasingly incorrect view of the organization because information to the boss is already control by the sycophants. Once a Sycophant has his hooks on the boss it's only a matter of time before the victims of their bullying tactics will become effective and the target person reduced to uselessness in the boss perception. It is their method of increasing their influence over others wherein.they seek to be promoted at work not on the merits of their capabilities and skills but rather by destroying the reputation of others, by back biting, to be promoted at the expense of saying negative things about others

A Sycophant is very clever and has to walk a fine line between lies and truth. Too much of the former, and he risk that he be discovered as a bootlicking toady while too much of the latter he also risk his influence.

Sycophants are very bragadocoius people...it is quite easy to identify one when you listen to them talk it is always I and I and I ....I'vebeen there before I've done that before...they brag about all that they have done...as if they really were able to do something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit