MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Are You A "B" Person?

The following are excerpts from a story written by a certain Harvey Mackay...

...the professor stood before his class of 30 senior molecular biology
students, about to pass out the final exam.

"I have been privileged to be your instructor this semester, and I know how
hard you have all worked to prepare for this test. I also know most of you
are off to medical school or grad school next fall," he said to them.

"I am well aware of how much pressure you are under to keep your GPAs
(Grade Point Average) up, and because i know you are all capable of
understanding this material, I am prepared to offer an automatic "B" to
anyone who would prefer not to take the final."

The relief was audible as a number of students jumped up to thank the
professor and departed from class. The professor looked at the handful of
students who remained, and he offered again, "any other takers? This is
your last opportunity." One more student decided to go. Seven students
remained.

The professor closed the door and took attendance. Then he handed out the
final exam. There were two sentences typed on the paper:

"CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST RECEIVED AN "A" IN THIS CLASS. KEEP
BELIEVING IN YOURSELF."

So, tell me, would you have stayed? Or would you have played it safe and take the offer of a sure "B" as your final grade? This sets achievers apart from the rest. Achievers take risks. Achievers will always take on the challenge for excellence. And most importantly, achievers are not satisfied with B's. Next time you're faced with a similar situation, try staying on. For all you know, your professor night
just be doing a little test on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit