MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas In Hong Kong




I spend my December 2003 Christmas & New Year in Hong Kong together with my wife and only daughter...although it was quite sometime ago that this happen...I felt like writing my thoughts about that Christmas because I was invited by anothet brother of mine to spend the Holidays with them...He is an expatriate working in Hong Kong for quite sometime and he has not come home yet since...He livies with his Filipina Wife and 2 daughters in Causeway Bay... He plans to come home by February 2007...Its a little different when you spend your Christmas in the absence of your home country...maybe because of the culture and all that but during that time I could still remember when during the Christmas Eve we went to mass at the Rosary Church upon our arrival...I knew my brother would be quite happy that we were able to come and visit him and his family during the holidays...Anyway...My niece...My brother's daughter was scheduled to perform during the middle part of the mass...She was going to play a rendition of "Silent Night" with a violin...and I got to video the affair...anyway...as the moment to play started...there was a deafening silence in the chuch...you could almost hear a pin drop...when the violin started the first squeaky and crEEKing notes...people wre sobbing...I guess the Song was just too melancholic for that part...even the hair in my arms were standing...I guess the emotions of the Mass celebration also were affecting me...and the gathered crowd during that Mass were mostly catholic overseas workers who were away from their families...so its quite an awesome experience having been given the task to video the whole thing....It was one of the most memorable trips I spent entirely with my family...We went to Ocean Park...We went to the top of the Peak...It was a very endearing time and travel shared with my wife and daughter...I hope I could go back again in the near future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit