MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Precedents and similar thoughts

At work I am normally bombarded with lots of concerns and issues...some are related to the process and procedures followed by the work flow... while some are quite unique and different as these matters are related to people...their wants...their needs...and their concerns...in dealing with such concerns one needs to be more discerning when the flow of information to you is mostly cluttered with some half truths...or mostly white lies...in such cases...I would normally use the rule of thumb on precedents... one must be careful of his concerns because precedents are an action, situation or decision which may have already happened and which can be used as a reason why a similar action or decision should be performed. Then one would set a dangerous precedent if not fully comprehended nor thoroughly thought of. Precedents can also be described as the way that something has been done in the past which therefore shows that it is the correct or adapted way or course of action. I would normally ask how similar things were address in the past because if there is no such similar event...you could set a precedent... If there was a previous precedent which was correct during the time it was made...there is also the possibility that such a precedent is not presently applicable anymore then...One may also set a tradition by breaking with the precedents in making a decision updating the similar scenario and how to treat it...Being in management sometimes is really a challenge and at times one is faced with a difficult choice...at times such decisions may be popular...or worst...an unpopular decision that may haunt you...but you need to make that hard decision ...and its a lonely place when you are on top of the heap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit