MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, December 25, 2006

Breaking Out

Our youngest brother called up from Fort Madison, Iowa and talk to my dad and my family giving his christmas greetings to all of us because it was still Dec. 24 in the states and Dec. 25 here in the Cebu, Philippines...He has a 2 year old kid and his wife was also with him...I could see and feel how he misses christmas in the Philippines or basically missing the family that you grew up with......although he has been in the states for almost more than three years...It was the first time that we talked for quite awhile almost an hour on the phone...He was relating to me the great difficulties that he has been facing since migrating to the states and how he has started to raise a family a stranger in a strange land...although its not really that diffiult to culturally blend in but it was his breaking out challenge of his life...He bought a car and a house...he had to work hard each and everyday while he still needs to fix his immigration papers by getting a green card for him and his wife...although his son was born in the states automatically becoming an american citizen...His son these days was having an on and off bout with fever maybe due to the colds and coughs that is brought about by the freezing weather...His family of three people are doing those small steps in the process of trying to make a life in the states...with all those monthly bills and other bills to pay such as the bank mortgage and insurance...but I know deep down inside of me he will get over all of these problems...they may be daunting but one day he will look over these years as a way of seeing that his break out move was the best decision that he has done in years...anyways...I told him to lighten up a bit because its christmas...at least he was having a white christmas because there is no snow here in the philippines...I guess we will always have difficulty in appreciating the things that we have because they are presently there...its the fact that when they are gone...thats the time we miss them...the same goes with family...I can still remember my mother telling us six brothers then not to spend our time fighting because someday you all will realize that those moments that all of your brothers will be together will come to pass because you will all go your separate ways when you all will grow up...and I bet you ...you will miss those days with your brothers and sisters when you were growing up...specially during christmas...christmas is for family...always where one may be...

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Merry Christmas!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Your brother lives in Iowa? Cool.

The only thing about Christmas here in Iowa this year, is that it's cold, but there's no snow. Maybe we'll get a white New Year's day...

3:22 PM  
Blogger EEK said...

You're so right about appreciating your siblings. My older sister lives way out west, and she hasn't been able to make it home for a Christmas for the past three years. This Christmas my family was watching old home movies from when we were all kids, and I got all choked up thinking about how much I missed my older sister being there.

Have you made it to Iowa yet to visit your brother?

2:04 PM  
Blogger MAJOR EFLAT said...

Maggie...Merry Christmas To You my Dear....

Churlita...I kinda get a connection with your blog because of IOWA!!!!

EEK...

I guess We all get that feeling of missing our families during Christmas...I haven't made it to Iowa to visit my brother but I know that for sure...in the near future...I know I will...

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit