MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, December 04, 2006

Rule No. 1 "The Boss Rules"

I couldn't help it...after a meeting with our bossess...I told my staff about the Rule No. 1 thing...which is :

1. Rule #1 - The Boss is always right...
2. Rule # 2 - If the boss is wrong refer to rule # 1

I told my staff that having worked for quite some time...this rule of thumb has always been proven true...that is is quite unproductive to tell your boss all the reasons why one cannot do or accomplish his or her job...that all things being equal is they are not equal...my staff told me "Sir, I just want to reason out with our boss because I just don't want to saying yes..yes...all the time..." I said I know that's how you feel...but mind you no matter what excuses you may be able to conjure...those reasons won't hold water because your boss will always have the last say...its unnecessary for you to spend more ammo when you know that His will and mindset will be the one followed...so what's the fuzz in making your own suggestions or reasons when in fact it is quite obvious...its an exercise in futility when you know whose decision will be followed..."Sir why didn'y you say something? you should have made defended my position...I said...I could not defend a position that is already lost...Its one thing to reason out why you can't finish the job for the sake of ...and having all the reasons that you can to justify your failure... I told them that the best wayto respond to such a situation is to say nothing. When there are work problems, the boss will always look for a reason. If you are tempted to place blame , it causes friction and people tend not to cooperate after having a finger pointed at them. Through my years of experience ...Sometimes I find a lot of people are really busy trying to impress the boss, but there always comes a time, you will find out that there was always something that was neglected...we might think that justifying that makes things better...when I think actually it doen't add an iota of value in the discussion...because no matter what you do the "Boss is always right"...my boss has come back from the US...and thr grilling meetings have begun...as much as possible i try not to get intimidated and stay as calm as I could...when A question is ask why we could not have done this or that...I just let the temptation to answer back simmer down ...remain a silent reminder that "More talk more mistakes" and that I don't have all answers in the world look...or try the dumb look like you don't understand a thing...let the boss finish his litany of what ifs...and just let the meetings be finished earlier...rather than extending it by giving up your reasons...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit