MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATION ARE WE???












ARE WE FIREMEN? MECHANICS? OR KNIGHTS?

FIRE MAN
-
NO SYSTEM
-USED TO VERBAL PROCEDURES
-QUANTITY IS PRIORITY
-INFORMATION IS LACKING
-DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS

-
QUALITY IS NOT AN ISSUE
-
NO GOALS – NO VISION
-NO PROPER DOCUMENTATION
-NO MANPOWER COMPETENCY
-
FOCUS ON “FIRE FIGHTING”
-NO PLANNING
-NO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
MECHANICS

-60% OF SYSTEMS ARE IN PLACE

-THERE IS LITTLE PLANNING
-
WITH BASIC ORGANIZATIONAL INFRASTRUTURE
-
NEW ENGINE BUT NO BRAKES
-
QUALITY IS A TQD PROBLEM
-TOOL ORIENTED
-SPARE PARTS APPROACH TO PROBLEM SOLVING - INDIVIDUAL
-INFORMATION IS THERE BUT NOT COORDINATED
-THERE IS LITTLE DOCUMENTATION
-FOCUS IS IN “REPAIR” “FIX-IT”
-REACTIVE APPROACH TO PROBLEMS
KNIGHTS
95% OF SYSTEMS ARE IN PLACE
-WORK PLANNING IS ESSENTIAL
-GOAL & STANDARDS BASED
-INFORMATION IS SHARED
-ADAPTABLE TO CHANGES
-CUSTOMER FOCUS
-COORDINATION & TEAMWORK BASE
-QUALITY – TQM – EVERYBODY’S FOCUS
-CAPABLE TO RESPOND TO CHALLENGES
-CONSTANT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
-KNOWLEDGE BASED
-EMPOWERMENT OF PEOPLE
-GOAL, VISION, & MISSION
-PERFORMANCE BASE
-WELL DISCIPLINED
-POSITIVE VALUE CENTERED
-PROCESS BASES (SCIENTIFIC)
-PROACTIVE APPROACH

ARE WE FIREMEN?, MECHANICS? OR KNIGHTS?


2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I'd really like to have a horse with a bunch of different outfits.

6:53 AM  
Blogger EEK said...

I think that means you might be a knight, Margaret.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit