MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dead Drunk or drunk dead

I woke up with a horrible hang-over...I looked at my watch...its 2 pm in the afternoon and its a saturday...I look at the surroundings...and I knew I wasn't home in bed...I'm in a hotel room...sleeping with my shoes on...I must have been dead drunk cause i'm trying my best to relive what happen backwards in my head which goes like...I got a call from a long lost friend...who said he's in town and wants to meet up..I went to his hotel room...we went to a bar to meet up with more long lost friends...we guzzled up extra strong beers...what happened next is blank...blank...blank...next thing I know is its 2 pm and I was not able to go home...I slept in the hotel where my friend stayed...and he said your wife called up twice already and I told her that you were asleep and ask me to sleep over rather than have me walking around drunk...and I was shocked because I would normally not drink myself dead...I would leave a few moments of drunken stupor with an ability to be able to crawl home...get myself in a taxi...but alas...that didn't happen...I could not even remember how many bottles I did drink...I asked my friend did I do anything that foolish or dumb or anything that I could have done to embarass myself...like look for a fist fight or pee in my pants etc..that sort of things...and he said...I did nothing of that sort...phew...what a relief!!!...drinking is like any skill...the more you go at it...the better you get at it....but then again...its been quite awhile since I have taken in alcoholic beverages...maybe the last one or moment that I did got tipsy was more than six months ago...my wife called the hotel again and I was able to talk to her and told her I'll be home in an hour and she ask me what happened and I told her I was fine and that I didn't do anything to be ashamed of...so I tried to sort myself up..check my things...my wallet...my bag...my watch...etc...check if everythings good...I didn't lose anything or that sort again...I left the hotel and thank my friend...and took a taxi home...my head is still quite groggy...I was more or less drifting in and out of sleep...I did got home by 3:00 pm...I didn't get breakfast or lunch...I change my clothes...looked for the medicine kit...took two aspirins...and went to bed...but this was before I took two glasses of water in me...which is when my stomach reacted in away that my mouth began to be watery...and I ran to the sink...and started wrenching my guts out...what came out was basically only water...I haven't taken anything since last night...so after this episode...I hit the sack again after taking the aspirins...our experience with alcohol for that matter is basically made on the premise that a hangover or your drunken stupor will go away after you slept it off...the body seems to recover faster from this alcohol overload...and your liver is at work to clean your system with the poisons your body has taken in...I slept until 12 a.m. and got better...logged on to my PC and surf the net...updated my blog with this drunken post...I'll sleep again...and for sure feel better when I wake up...tomorrow...hopefully my wife will stop teasing me how I was not able to get my bad ass home...

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

out of practice huh?

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit