MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Phone Screening

Undoubtedly the call center industry has been growing leaps and bounds in the past few years...it is one of the largest growth center for the I.T. related business process outsourcing (BPO) specially in cebu...their H.R. departments must be one of the most active departments in the organization because of the intense competition for the English Proficient Human Resources...its a very labor intensive nature of the business almost 70% of activities are doneby people ...and there are many competitive organizations in the same nature of business... competition for these assests is cut throat...the most highly skilled of these individuals are young and an adventurous lot ...status driven...and are out to make a killing in terms of sales or compensation...there is the frustration of dead end jobs...tension related issues due to ...fast paced and people intensive work environment...the stress of customer's verbal abuse or lack of civility...unholy working hours like the graveyard shift...The I.T. technology intensive...savyness of the employees... Their recruitment strategies are quite many...Job Fairs...campus recruitment...whole page newspaper ads...last week in fact I was at a receiving end of an H.R. recruiter...being Phone screen...they do a lot of the preliminary interview with the phone...asking me a set of questions that were more or less standardized or pre-planned...There are still many h.r. matters that can be learned from such an experience if given the chance to work with a call center organization...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit