MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Dead Horse I have become...

We all have been in one way or another contemplated our real purpose in life…we are quite awe struck by the noblest of objectives and goals that we may have set for ourselves…the ideals that we treasure and value in our hearts…but what is left to the man who has his purpose in life drawn and taken away from him…to me that would mean “Slow Death”…you are already dead without even knowing it…that’s how important it is to have a purpose in life…I have lost my purpose at my job and the company that I have worked for quite a number of years…Sometimes I feel that I am just cruising along the days and weeks till the next pay check…Yes it does bring food to the table…but that is all…that remains of my purpose…to lose your enthusiasm and motivation on your job is the most dreaded situation that I have come to realize…the pressure and the stress that it carries with it is tremendous…It gets harder each day to rise up and go to work…I have lost my zest not because I have chosen to…but rather I was compelled to lose my love and passion for the firm that I worked work and my job because of the burn out…cause by the situation and learned helplessness brought upon me…when your projects or goals are not supported...when management has abandones you and left you to your own devices....when there are colleagues who mean you no good but harm…when there are such people who can do nothing better in their lives but to criticize…to destroy reputations as sycophants are best at…to utterly believe that by eating their own shit...they have started to believe their own shit...thinking that they are better than others as if they have the monopoly on the possession of grey matter…and for management to just look the other way…to be deceptively allowing such things to happen...to let harmony deteriorate...and be blinded by its own flaws… then I could compare myself to a dead horse…no matter how much you whip it for it to move forward…it doesn’t move anymore…the horse has lost its purpose…the horse has decided that it could choose not to go forward…the horse doesn’t understand why it has to move forward and sees there’s no way out…when he could not see the road ahead…the horse when taken to a well to drink and was whip by the driver to drink but the horse refused to do so because he was not thirsty…He was given hay to eat but refused to do so...because he was not hungry…the horse had decided that it is better to die rather than be led to nowhere…having lost the purpose of its existence... to go on for no purpose at all…because the problem is the driver…He just doesn’t know or couldn’t care less about the condition of the horse…all he knows is for the horse to move you have to whip it!!! He just doesn’t know that the horse is already dead…and no amount of whipping will bring it back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit