MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, April 21, 2006

Another Hot Weekend Ahead!!!

Summers really Here and its really hot during the day time...the airconditioning is always turned on and expectedly the electric bill is going to go up. I'm drinking more water...taking in more cold drinks...with ice...and my voice is getting to be affected by the cold drinks that I take...The smell of earth is rising each time we have rains during the evenings...During summers I would arrive early at the office because of the lesser traffic brought about by less cars on the road because there's no school for a lot of kids...but what's worse is the concrete and asphalt roads...they seem to be multiplying the heat of the sun when you are out on the streets...you can actually feel your skin burning...and if you do go to the beach...its not only a tan that you're gonna get but a good sub burn is up for grabs...The tropical Heat as they say is the cause of the Filipino's indolence...as explain by the spanish friars...because we would rather stay indoors...and take a nap...but our weather is one thing...and our attitude is another thing...I guess its really our laid back attitude as Filipinos is the cause of the indolence...the slow pace we take things in a stride...and the way life in the provinces seems to take a slower life of their own...compared with the urban and suburban life of the cities...the concept of time in both circumstances are truly ambivalent...and could not be compared...city life will always be city life...malls...movies...etc... but in the provinces its the town dance...its the visits we may to our neighbors...that would last from an initial ten minutes to the whole afternoon...the concept of time is utterly forgotten...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit