MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Gitara Ko

Me picture ako ng mga gitara ko para makita mo...yung
may gawa ng mga gitara ko is the same friend of mine
for more than 10 years na...yung jet black na acoustic
steel guitar ko was made aroung 1991-1992 yung design
nya was based and inspired on a bruce springsteen
acoustic guitar na kita ko if i'm not mistaken binata
pa ako nyan at may twin ang gitara ko (pair yan nang
inorder ko) nandoon kay kuya willy ang isa kaya lang
parang napabayaan na yung gitara...but its still with
kuya...yung steel guitar ko naman...pina retouch ko na
cya sa kaibigan ko para yung kinis nya
manumbalik...they were paint cracks na kasi due to the
passing of time its more than 10 years old na but
matibay pa rin...and maganda pa rin and tunog
nya...may nag offer pa nga na bilhin siya hinde lang
ako pumayag...matagal na rin sa akin yung gitarang yan

yung classic guitar ko na nylon ay yung puti...i
bought it last year lang kasi when i bought the guitar
na bigay ko sa eyo...i kinda miss yung nylon feel na
guitar so i thought of buying another one for
cristelle to learn and study guitar kasi yung steel ko
is a little harder for the hands of somebody starting
to learn how to play...at masakit sa kamay yung steel
strings...at most mga 10 minutes lang masakit na ang
kamay mo...lalo na sa girls...the classic naman is a
good guitar for the left (chord hand) hand. It can be
practiced to learn how to spread the fingers when
making difficult spread out notes and chords...yung
mga ipit na chords and challenge dito...sasakit yung
kamay mo pag hinde ka sanay...

This classic guitar already comes with a built-in
guitar pickup katulad sa bigay ko sa iyo kaya lang me
3-band equalizer at volume control na eto while yung
nabigay ko sa eyo only has the pick-up but we can
upgrade the guitar na i gave you with a similar
equalizer once na mapa repair natin yung gitara
mo...anyway... yung guitar amplifier ko is a small one
for practice lang mga 15-watts lang ang power
niya...and through the years naman I was able to
acquire mga guitar effects nga accessories...what I do
have are 2 boss effects...isang turbo distortion
(orange), heavy metal distortion (black), and an aria
Flanger...I normally practice with the flanger kasi
the guitar sounds very smooth and this effect is
really used for plucking...and acoustic playing...Its
effect is more of a delay...it delays and prolongs the
signal just like the one used by bread in
"IF"...actually marami pang mga guitar effects na
gusto kung ma bili kaya lang na tigil yung hilig ko sa
gitara when I got married so pa tikimtikim na lang at
paminsan-minsan na lang ako maka hawak ng gitara but
yung interest ko naman ngayon ay bumabalik dahil sa
mga revival ng mga acoustic guitar music sa atin like
MYMP, paolo santos, jimmy bondoc, nyoy volante, and
Nina...my daughter is also picking up the habit so i
hope i could also encourage her...Si Renee will find
it easier to learn because she knows violin...it would
be better for her to keep up the formal training
(based on musical notes
reading and writing) rather than by ear which is what
i've learned...which is more informal...

I also use a Dimarzio acoustic guitar pick-up for my
steel guitar...na acquire ko itong pick-up mga 1992
din but its still good...I also plan to have this
pick-up implanted in a fixed position sa black guitar
ko and also add a 3-band equalizer and volume control
when I have the time to bring the guitar to my
friend's guitar shop in opon...

yung bass guitar ko pala ay nasa manila...doon kay
kuya ben...kasi he has a son who is interested to
learn how to play bass...kaya he borrowed my bass
guitar mga two years ago more or less...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit