MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Responses to my applications in 2005

I started my campaign to get a new job at around April of 2005....after having postpone my search because I really thought I could do something to change the management of my place of work...But I have come to realize that management was only faking it when giving the impression that it does want to change and improve itself... I was brought along for the ride ...because the truth of the matter is that it really doesn't want to...and that's it....I sent a number of my application and resume to various firms and I was interview by the following: Gesalem-Huang Group of companies (Dunkin donuts, my interview with the Fil-Chinese General Manager was not really extra ordinary because during the interview there were lots of interruptions, that a cohesive interview was not possible, the guy was just up to his neck with his jobs obviously very centralized wherein responsibilities are not delegated) May 2005, Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (This was a panel interview of three people, I feel that the interview went well but because of the nature of my work, I never had any relevant experience as an Executive director which may have disqualified me for the position) of executive director July 2005, Prifood Corporation September 2005 ( a manufacturing firm wherein I do believe I gave a good impression but I was given the impression that the General Manager really doesn't know what type of person they were looking for and I heard from various sources that they were having lots of labor related problems because they were not adhering to labor standards), Dedon October 2005 (My Application to this company gave me a very good chance when I was interviewed by the German General Manager I could feel the positive vibrations as if the job was the one for me and in fact I was called again for another interview in less than a week, while my next interview was done by a Filipina Manager from Manila who was the VP for accounting and administration (Grace Cabradilla, the impression of the interview was quite flat with no remarkable feedback, so so quite ordinary, just average) who told me that they were just waiting for their German President to arrive and will call me for another interview once he comes over but the promised panel interview never push through quite strange, & Cebu Pacific International Language Services (CPILs) December 2005 (This is a Korean manage company who is in the business of teaching ESL while their students are house in a dormitory/hotel facility), at Jobstreet.com I have almost 50 online applications using the net...I almost landed a job at Cagayan de Oro City with Linksys July 2005 (Interviewed for 3 times) but the job was never offered to me.... Online applications were quite numerous but I believe that my credentials were not really given such attention because most of the openings were based in Manila and most are call center i..t. related industries....and some were recruitment or head hunting firms with positions based in Manila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit