MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hoping Against Hope

Hoping against Hope...That's how I feel about my quest for a new job...a new hope,,,a new beginning...a new start...Yesterday I talked with the person who hired me for this company I'm working for right now...its been eight years since we worked together...he was the business consultant then when I was hired...He called up the office and inquired If I was still working here and when he knew that I was still connected he requested that we talk over the phone....To my surprise....It was my old german friend ....I still remembered when we last had a conversation about the company that we worked in almost eight years ago...he even advised me to look for a better company because he knew then that I was too eager and gung-ho with my new job then...realizing then the type of management we had that He told me that my talents and skills would still be better of use with another company and that I could even be even more compensated compared with my present job...well I told him then that I would slowly look for a new job as he had advised me but since I was new then I really did thought or I have made myself to believe that I could do something to change our management and that the owner and manager is a progressive, young, and agressive enough to will himself to change but after almost eight long years with the company...nothing has change...in terms of the major changes needed to be made by management to develop itself...there were some changes indeed based on my efforts and on his part but it is just too small concessions but never the less significant impact and changes i was still able to make in the work environment...but I couldn't do any substantive changes to the way management is which is the main obstacle to organizational development, management was, and will be confined to its own dereliction...its still largely autocratic and centralized, personality based management by anger (MBA), influence peddling, sycophants based on patronage, and boot and ass licking employees who only want to get ahead of others not by their inherent skills or capabilities but by largely influencing the owner by telling him want he wants to hear and back biting those employees who do not want to join their caravan of sycophants or those that are in the way of the promotion of their goals and hidden agenda ...which i would never be ever be a part of...which is why i have found myself out of the loop....depressed...bullied....I am quite a candidate for the state of learned helplessness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit