MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, June 16, 2006

My 1st week on the Job

I've been dying to blog my thoughts but I really haven't been able to because of my Honeymoon...per se ..er grace period...that one normally experiences when you're off to your new job...well of course...no matter how much that I tried...not too feel queasy or excited about it...I was really up and about three hours earlier on the 1st day of work...I could really literally smell the day...because my senses were really hightened when its the 1st time we do things...anyway...One gets away with a lot of things on your 1st day at work and that is because you're new to everything...you're not supposed to "work" yet though you are physically there...quite a good excuse for not doing anything at all just sitting and walking arounds ...and that noticeably you are the stranger entering their midst...entering their world...their comfort zones... so everybody tries to get comfy with you...smiling and all that Good Morning Sir stuff...which in reality are really meant and said from the heart while other such good mornings are just practically said as a robotic greeting at that...that gets around a lot and usually use to get a response..(its like two ships that pass in the night...or like in the provinces when you walk through a country road and you do get to to walk pass somebody coming your way specially in the evening they will greet you "Maayong Gabii!!!and you respond "Maayong Gabii sab!!! and you're supposed to answer back to such greeting or else they would take you as an aswang and hack you in the darkness of the night)...and of course one has to be very cordial to the rest of their world...I had a plant tour with the HR Officer...and I did get to be introduced to a lot of people where I usually apologize for my weakness in matching names and faces...though remembering faces for me is a lot easier...I was asked to attend a lot of department meetings by top management...not because of being introduced partly to the employees but more so in the effort of bring me up to par or the level of compentency of knowing and understanding the business of the whole company...the plant...its resources...its products...the intricacy of the whole market for our products...etc...etc...although I'm not expected to be savy at that in the shortest time frame available...but being a newbie more or less could not be made eventually as a reason for not grasping the whole gamut of things...one cannot be a newbie all the time and get away with it...so I'm still trying to bring myself up to par with everything...trying to absorb all the information and make it a part of my working persona at the plant...and of course my nature of being the amateur behavioral scientist at that...I'm always on the look out on the various relationships of things...not really putting that on top of my list but rather on the sub concious level and background of things...like saying something here and there...giving my impression here and there...but generally I'm at the safe side of things...for now...The challenges to my new job is there...I am particularly feeling safe because of my competency with HR...but being the administrative manager is a totally different ball game...I have to handle finance and accounting and purchasing and IT..(a1..a2..a3 ha..ha..)there are various departments under my care and I have to be able to provide them with direction and guidance...I will have to take the reins of being their leader and as I Go along the way inspire or motivate them on their jobs...but the best part of it all is that we don't have to work on Saturdays...This is the coup de grace...and I love that...No work on Saturdays...Life is a box of chocolates...you'll never know what's inside the box...and it says Saturdays are gone for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit