MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Phone Screening 2

Many and more companies are doing phone screening during the recruitment process...the HR Dept. of mostly call centers have instituted this practice in their process with the goal of cutting down on wasted time and effort or in coming up with a short list of candidates...but somehow my experience at the receiving end of an interview is ambivalent...the object is to efficiently fast track the process itself...but no screening process is perfect. The phone screen process by itself leaves me thinking why I was not considered because I do believe that the process could trim down the list of candidates...because I know that I could have had a better chance with a formal interview...but then again its always like that...you win some you lose some...they need to evaluate the candidates on paper...on the phone...and during an interview...but based on my experience...the one-on-one face to face interview is more crucial in making a choice between candidates...but for call centers...how you sound on the phone is important which is why their phone screen process in recruitment is important...the problem lies in the phone eliminates the visual information human beings need to assess a person more completely... I still believe that "There is so much more to a person than what meets the ear."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit