MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Birthday Wishes


My mobile reminder started ringing and I took the phone and look into the reason why and I fell silent and bit my lip...it was the birthday of my mother...August 29, 2010...I place her details on my phone and simply forgot about the whole thing...and I was caught off-guard...which is why I felt silent...My mom is the kind of mom we always wish to have...kind, happy, loving, caring, sweet,full of life, a strict disciplinarian, a fabulous cook in our kitchen. She may have been uneducated with only primary school in her educational stint but I learned the best morals from her on generosity, kindness, forgiveness, on justice, on what is right or wrong, why not to cheat or be lying, on telling the truth, and on the many examples on hardships we experience with her and you never hear her complaining or her woes..our family was not dirt poor but My mom came from a really dirt poor family where they did not even have flip flops...and our economic status was not entirely middle class we were more on the lower...lowest middle class...we were always wanting for more and there was never enough for six growing brothers...In fact she even had to raise hogs to put us all through school because there wasn't enough money...I knew she suffered in silence...and I have many misgivings to her as a son...and I was not the most ideal "good" son at all...no matter how I try not to be "bad"...She is supposed to be 78 years old now...But we lost her in 1982...and I never had a chance to prove to her that I could be the person she has always wanted me to be...I love you dearly mom...and I miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit