MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, June 07, 2010

My Al Kebra Sojourn - Day 3 - Day 26

It was a daily grind....of attending my driving schedule of 1 hour each day...basically there were three major activities that I was doing the whole week long daily classes...my first week was driving around the oval road track of the school...practicing using the roundabout...the indicators...turning left and turning right....after a week of driving inside the school with King Robert...I was taught by my D.I. the first challenge...or First obstacle test that one would have to pass which was "L" parking...

The "L" parking is like you have to approach a road that goes uphill wherein you have to stop in the middle of the hill and then continue to the top and then you have to reverse down the slope and go right back to your original position when you came in...for an expert driver...this is easy but for a novice driver...it is easier said than done...but King Robert taught me the techniques on how to go about this obstacle...there are target lines painted on the slopes to guide you through the obstacle


The Second Obstacle test is the "Pocket Parking"...its quite similar with the "L" parking test but without the slope and with a smaller width or area/space just enough for one car to squeeze in... wherein which you have to turn left and maneuver your vehicle inside the "Pocket" and position it after which you have to reverse and come out of the "Pocket" without touching or hitting the poles surrounding you...

The third and last test is the actual Road test - for my training on the road...me and my instructor would go out of the school and either go to Salwa Road, or fill up petrol in Teyser, or go to E-Ring Road or To Ramada Junction wherein you get the real taste of what its like being on the road...your teacher will always be talking to you and guiding you what to do and not to do on the road....but most of my time spent on the road is in the road test area...its a residential area nearby Al Kebra School...this is where you'll practice your driving skills...because 90% the test will be done here...except for a few chances that it will be done on major roads and roundabouts...
so from day to day until June 7, 2010 after doing this for some time it gets kinda boring if you do this continuously so my instructor mixes all the three activities up ...I did this until my first Test day...June 8, 2010




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit