MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Al Kebra Sojourn - My Test Day

Your instructor would evaluate your present driving skills and would recommend whether you should go or not go for the test...and you have to shell out QR50.00 which you need to pay at the cashier and give your class card and receipt to get your schedule for the test....


you need to give it to the training supervisor wherein he will put your name in the log book where the test schedules are organized and give you back your training card and receipt with your test day written on it...On the test day you have to rise up early and be at the school by 5:00 am as the test will start early....I was also so fired up, all ready to "GO" and eager to passed...I also had my ATM card ready...in case I pass ...I was quite over confident...I felt that the 'L" and "pocket" parking were chicken feed and that they are the easiest part of the test...The first part of the test will be the signal's test...or Traffic signs test...

You need to identify these sign that will be pointed out by the Police officer in the test window and you to be able to answer within a second or two...and no "Ahhs" please or the Police oficer will fail you...this is the easiest part of the test...you just need to study these signs and study them well...you will only be asked 5 or less road signs...but I have seen people still fail in this test specially those who are unprepared....and you can see people milling around cramming (studying their signal books) before the signal test begins...When the police will arrive you will line up in a queue wherein you have to give your training card to the test supervisor who will give you your complete dossier...with a test result sheet/checklist and when the signal test starts you will have to line up on the windows counters and take your signal test anyway...I passed mine in my first try...your names will be called if you passed the test and your papers will be given back to you...

This is the canteen where your instructors will be milling around and talking to their students before the practical 'L" parking and "Pocket parking Test" will begin...last minute tips and words of encouragement are shared between teacher and student before the practical test will begin...once your paper is given back to you you have to rush and get to the far end of the test course where there will be cars parked to be used for the test...keys are inside these cars and you have to choose accordingly if you are for a stick-shift or automatic car...once inside you have to turn the ignition key and check the vehicle...and not forget to put your right side mirror full down so that you can see your rear tires...another tip is that you shouldn't turn the ac on as your engine might conked out specially if you are manual when doing the manuevers

So I got all ready and I was so good to go...the first was the "L" parking...when my turn came I did all right and I was just fine...and as I was backing out from the "L"...and I was already ready to back out from where I came from when the Police officer for the test gave me a look in the eye a sign and wave me off from the track...(the hand signal was going from right to left) 'I was confused"...Did I passed already? Did I do anything wrong?...maybe I was already good cause i didn't hit anything...and was was I to go to the next test...so I moved forward....then suddenly my paper was taken from me and by that time I realize that I had failed..the test....because I did not reverse back to where I came from...and that was It... then it dawned on me...and I sat down a chair sulking...my enthusiasm fell like a house of cards...I failed on my first try...not for anything I had done wrong but rather the confusion that the Police instruction that were given to me was totally misunderstood by me...I went back to the canteen and my instructor asked me 'Why didn't you reverse completely as that was our training? I said I thought the Police was giving me signals to move forward...and in his words...he said "parang nabali agad and tari natin ni hindi ka nakapalo"...that's it I guess...what really happened


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit