MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, October 23, 2006

Morning Talks...

Definitely...I have a scheduled "Talk" with the general population that is every monday morning...part of the company's culture is an embedded program wherein every morning all the employee will gather at the chapel and the daily gospel is read to the body...afterwhich this is followed by sharing and testimonials coming from various department's personnel...sometimes a reflection on the daily gospel is made by the HR Officer where there is an absence of speakers...anyway...being a predominantly catholic country...this practice is not even so commonplace to other working environments in the country...I have work in an economic zone where there were many foreign nationals have relocated and they couldn't care less on the spiritual side of development for its employees...I once asked a resigning manager what impact has the company made to him after his 10 months of service?...I was expecting a rather normal answer such as work experience...or compensation but instead He told me that He has become more prayerful...Which I do believe is quite true...I believe that whatever your communion with your god is and in whatever religion or form of what is and not...it is always there that such a belief that there is somebody "up there"...whatever that is to you...that motivates you to...be of service to others...to do good deeds...to be honest...to be generous...to be careful not to hurt other prople...to think of others needs...to be helpful...to take good care of your family...friends...to share whatever you have...can only do good for your fellow men...whatever the religion does not matter anymore...I have used my manager's talk during such times as an opportunity to empart values and instances where I could make a small dent on the vagaries of life...evil thrives where good men do nothing against it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit