MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, October 02, 2006

Thoughts on Becoming A General Manager

I had a long meeting with the VP-Administration, she has told me that their plans for me is to groom me for the position of a general manager…to let me handle the whole operations of the factory…I have told here that on the general Administrative side of things I am really quite capable…but my competency does not include the technical…engineering side …production or manufacturing wise…A technical/production guy does not necessarily mean the he can be good in management…vice-versa….an admin guy as a production guy…well there’s the challenge of it because I feel that These things could be learned like any other skill…but still one needs to build up his competency and in this case…I need to learn and understand the process and technical side of production to be a good general manager…I am thankful that management has confidence to look my way and out CEO to mentor me on things such as these…I just hope I could learn the ropes and perform well…this I gotta see for myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit