MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, April 07, 2006

Is it Fate?Destiny?Pure Luck?Chances Are?

Fate" is the "consequence" ("what follows in sequence") of our own past choices. Our "Future" is the consequence of our present choices. We will always have Free Will to make our own choices in life but we should be mindful that with this freedom comes a responsibility to live with the consequences.

I have often times heard that Character is Destiny - which means that your own character or characteristics of your personality that you were born with and what your environment and influences (school, parents, culture, upbringing, social and economic status) has molded you through your choices in life) is what influences the choices you make - and thus determines the consequences they lead to.

To believe that there is a fixed natural order in the universe that has been pre-designed for us is easier to believe when we speak of fate and destiny...but the whole gamut of our human experiences would show the chaos of choices that we are in and the various factors that affects us when we do make choices.

Here are some of these phrases that have caught my attention and needs some thinking to have clarity at hand:

1) THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME is supposed to mean to be where one can take advantage of some opportunity which is largely a matter of luck or chance, and not always because of any great skill or knowledge of what to do or when to do it, although the person involved may be very good and talented at their work.

2) To be in THE WRONG PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME means to be where one can’t take advantage of some opportunity because of unfortunate timing or worse, one has actually put oneself in jeopardy because of bad timing either due to bad choices or bad luck.

3) To be in THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME again means to be where one can’t take advantage of some opportunity or have again actually put oneself in some jeopardy, either because of bad luck or because, although the place or positioning is right, the timing is bad.

4) To be in THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME means, usually through no particular fault of your own, you are an unfortunate loser and are shit out of luck because the stars weren’t properly aligned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit