MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Time stood still on Jan. 22

Time in the Philippines stood still when all hopes are pinned on the victory of manny the pacman pacquiao...the only shining light of positivity in the country wreck in havoc by so many problems...its so ironical that only such a sports event would bring everybody to gether united as one people because of this fight between morales and pacquiao...the streets were empty...the jeepney drivers were all glued to tv sets watching the event unfold...the more upper class people were at the cinema at the malls that also featured the event at a price of 300 pesos...while the creme of the crop were at their cable tvs who knew the result of the fight even before the others...it was payback time...many filipinos were really rooting for the pacman to do what he was expected to do...win at all cost...the pressure on him was really great...everybody heaved a sigh when the referree stop the fight at the 10th round...the fight was won in a very convincing manner...unlike split or unanimous decisions...it was decided in the ring itself...boxing in the philippines is one of the major sports that as a people we can really be proud of ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit