MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My Plan to get myself Overseas in 2009

This is the developments with regards to my present plan to work overseas for 2009 and I'm just going to give a run down of the events that have occurred in the past few weeks as an update to its progress. Here's a chronology of events:

Jan. 11 -

Wanted For Overseas Employment AD for HR Administrators was posted in Sunstar for DOHA, Qatar (I took notice of the ads and prepared my documents for the interview. The Ad was posted by Jones International Manpower Services, Inc. I went and submitted my paperds in their office on Jan. 12. I met Wilgen, the Office staff at their Cebu Office. Their website: www.jonesinternationalmanpower.com.ph their Cebu Branch 3rd floor Gemini Bldg, 719 M.J. Cuenco Avenue Cebu City, Tel. 232-10-12/Cell No. 09293688109))

Jan. 14

Final Interview schedules dates for the employer (Arab) in Cebu ( I attended the job interview and was accepted by the employer. The name of the company is Shutdown Maintenance Services, W.L.L. in DOHA, Qatar, i tried to look at the internet and got this info, it seems to be a legitimate company witha POEA Job Order Registration No. 10131002 which I have also confirmed with POEA)

Shutdown Maintenance Services WLL

International Private company

PO Box 5871, Manama, , Bahrain

()973 17742961, 973 17713691 fax,

Primary SIC: Special Trade Contractors, Not Elsewhere Classified, Primary NAICS: Other Specialty Trade Contractors

Description: Construction: Refinery maintenance including gritblasting coatings, refactory lining, anti corrosion treatments, industrial painting, fibreglass applications, commercial cleaning and security; aluminium industry services

After the interview, I was asked to sign a 2 year provisional contract and I was requested to submit my passport for the working visa processing which I did. I was advised to wait for further instruction for the medical examination)

(Standard benefits include a yearly annual paid leave of 1 month with paid airline fare tickets, accomodation and food is provided by the employer, working visa, poea, owwa fees, and travel tickets also paid by the employer)

Jan. 22

Upon my follow-up on Jan. 20, the agency told me to wait for their call which I received on Jan. 22, and I was advised to process my pre-employment medical examination.

Jan. 23

I took my whole-day physical/pre-employment medical examination at Physician's Diagnostic Services Center, Inc.in Ramos St., Cebu City. The exams were

The focus of the physical exam might include an evaluation of:

* Height and weight

* Vision: Acuity and color test

* Blood pressure & Pulse

* Head and neck

* Heart

* Lungs

* Abdomen

* Genitals and anus

* Laboratory Examinations:

* Chest X-Ray

* ECG for 40 years of age and with Cardiovascular findings

* Psychometrics

* Complete Blood count

* Blood typing

* Urinalysis & Fecalysis

* Special Tests: Hepatitis-B (Screening Test ); VDRL; HIV; Drug Test:

They also advised me to make a follow-up on Jan. 28 for the results.

Jan. 28

I made a follow-up with my medical and the findings were good and I was certified as "FIT TO WORK" and the medical certification will be forwarded to my recruitment agency as part of my working visa processing.

Feb. 2

My recruitment agency called and advised me that my working vIsa has been approved and that they will advised me as soon as my flight details and ticket are ready. They have also advised me to prepare my placement fee.

With regards to the placement fee, I know that there are recruitment agencies who do not collect placement fees because the employer pays for it and there are those that are legal that you have to put up a placement fee and unfortunately my agency has one.

Anyway I'm just trying my best to be positive with all of these developments and despite of the great hardships and difficulties I and my family am experiencing and will be enduring for the next months. God Willing if all of these plans pushes through, I'll be in DOHA, Qatar before February 2009 ends.

Feb. 3

Unexpectedly I receive a call from my prospective employer from Qatar while I was doing some maintenance works at home, He was making a follow-up about me whether I remember him or what we agreed upon still holds (about the salary we negotiated), and I told him I was very thankful for his acceptance of me as an employee...He said that he will facilitate the processing of my tickets so that I can leave for Qatar as soon as possible...I was swept off my head...I just couldn't believe it...He really wants me to work for their company...so i said OK I'll call the agency to make a follow-up...which I promptly did...i maybe in DOHA sooner than I thought...

10 Comments:

Blogger ramrom said...

Hi! Just browsing about the company and found your blog here. I am a fellow applicant and was fortunately given also the opportunity. I guess you have a clearer chance than i do because the agency told me my visa is still in process.... i wonder what's taking them longer to process it. how is it going now for you? hope to hear from you soon and to meet and work with you in Qatar.

8:34 PM  
Blogger ultimate said...

hello! what position you applied for this company? maybe you search for a wrong company but they have the same name. you see the one you search is Bahrain not Doha, Qatar.
i'm concern about you and other who wish to apply for this company.
no problem from agency in the Philippines the concern is the company in Qatar. thank you
i wish you luck for this and just pray always. God bless

2:05 AM  
Blogger MAJOR EFLAT said...

I have reported to my company as I have arrived in DOHA, Qatar....the name of the company is SHUT DOWN MAINTENANCE SERVICES (W.L.L.)...I mistakenly made Shutwon one word which led to the Bahrain Company with a similar name...anyway..the company is real...it does truly exist...in Qatar

1:09 AM  
Blogger ramrom said...

hi sir! thank you for the information. is the company still in the process of acquiring working visa for other recruits from the Philippines thru JIMSI? I'm just starting to worry because i was hired first week of January and underwent almost the same procedure as you did but there's no positive news about the visa yet. I'm still praying and hoping I'll get it soon.

7:44 PM  
Blogger ramrom said...

thank you ultimate for the advice... God bless you too!

7:47 PM  
Blogger MAJOR EFLAT said...

ramks please post your real name here or if not send it to my email epyeh@yahoo.com i will see what i can do best regards and take care

6:53 AM  
Blogger Ms. Quartz said...

hi.. im surfing the net and search for cebu physician's diagnostic and i found ur blog.. by the way, im from mindanao and about to go to cebu to have my pre medical examination..

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Day to you Sir, am Sanny hired by Shutdown. Hopefully will be there not later than next month. Thank to the post you written, could I possibly know where is the exact location of the camp where the workers of shutdown being placed or housed? Thanks...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,A Public Share Holding Company to appoint financial auditors. Except as provided in company formation in Qatar, only nationals of Qatar can subscribe for shares in the Public Share Holding Company. Thanks...

9:09 PM  
Blogger buyket said...


تعد خدمات التنظيف المتعلقه بالمنزل بصفه عامه ان الامور الهامه حاليا لما لها من ترابط وثيق بالصحه والقضاء علي الامراض وخصيصا تنظيف الخزانات والتي تعد من الضروريات حيث يجب تنظيفها بصفه دوري
شركة تنظيف بالخرج
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخرج
فان كنت عميلنا الكريم من الرياض او الخرج او جده فنحن نوفر لك افضل خدمات التنظيف العامه بمعدات حديثه وعماله مدربه
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخرج
شركة تنظيف مساجد

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit