MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Friday, October 17, 2008

REALITY CHECK FOR DUBAI 6

SAYS NGO EXEC
RP workers in Dubai may face layoffs

By Edson C. Tandoc Jr.

Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 17:33:00 10/15/2008

MANILA, Philippines—The construction industry in Dubai is also in danger of being affected by the global financial slowdown, risking the jobs of Filipino construction workers there, an international labor union representative has warned.

Ambet Yuson, regional representative of the Malaysia-based Building and Wood Workers International Asia-Pacific said almost half of the investments poured into massive construction projects in Dubai came from investors borrowing from US banks, which have been badly hit by the financial crisis. Yuson said he based this on reports from their members.

“It will mean that many construction workers are going home,” Yuson said in a phone call to the Philippine Daily Inquirer from Hong Kong.

However, he said that nearby countries in the Middle East have been so far safe from the financial slump, like Kuwait, whose infrastructure projects were largely funded by the government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit