MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My "Unplugged" Dream

I have always had this dream of mine...as we move forward in our careers and working life and At the back of my mind...all of this will always have an ending... and eventually just like a boxer...one would have to hang his gloves to rest when the time has come and be that as it may...I am quite sure that I would bring myself to that point in time...someday..it will come for sure...and I will retire...from work...and sure enough I am not getting any younger these days...my body does aches from the abuse of my younger years...and when I Do come to that point I want to realize my "Unplugged" Dream of having my own "College Cafe Acoustic Bar or Lounge" and I foresee a set-up where during the daytime it could operate as a Restaurant/food house and during the evenings as a resto-bar...where I can hang out and I could bring along friends to Jam with or perform acoustic gigs, have open mike nights, enjoy a beer or two but most of all play acoustic music for he crowd... I envision it with a small stage in the corner just like one in the picture...and I am going to need a good pa system...a place where a room that will have great acoustics...a high chair with guitars on the side...I will have to make a great investment on the musical instruments and sound stage system that would be required to make a great plae for jamming ...a good amp that I have my eyes on is his Roland AC-60

AC-60: Acoustic Chorus Guitar Amplifier

Features

Although there are many acoustic amps on the market today, few of them can compete with the rich, natural tone of the compact AC-60 Acoustic Chorus amplifier. This innovative stereo amp uses sophisticated digital signal processing to deliver a crisp sound with lush stereo/multi-band chorus—including a new “wide” mode—plus delay/reverb and impressive Auto Anti-Feedback control. And with its 2-channel Mic/Line design and stand-mountable configuration, the AC-60 is clearly heads above the competition.

  • Compact stereo acoustic amplifier with pure, natural tone and excellent projection
  • 2-Channel design: Guitar input and Mic/Line input with Phantom Power
  • Stereo 30-watt/dual 6.5-inch speaker configuration loud enough for club gigs and small PA applications
  • Onboard DSP delivers lush stereo/multi-band chorus, newly developed “wide” chorus and delay/reverb with footswitch control
  • Built-in Auto Anti-Feedback controls allow for maximum volume without feedback
  • Convenient Mute switch for silent tuning on stage
  • Stereo Line Out for PA and recording applications; Subwoofer output
  • Built-in tilt stand offers better acoustic projection; can also be mounted on commercially available speaker stands
Acoustic guitars in guitar stands...along with an acoustic chorus amp...maybe put in a bass guitar and a beat box with it...amber lights...or stage lights...and a roomful of people enjoying good live acoustic music...

Another idea of mine is to acquire a fender passport for the PA system

Passport® Deluxe PD-250
The Passport PD-250 is the flagship model of the Passport product line. Featuring a 6 channel mixer, 250 Watt stereo power amp and specialized DSA speaker design, the PD-250 provides powerful and full sound in a portable and easy to use design. If it’s a coffee shop performance or for a company event, the PD-250 is great in any situation where quality sound is needed.


• Perfect for groups ranging from 300-500 people in size.
• Black luggage style molded case that protects the product during transportation from physical damage and the elements.
• 55 lbs.
• Six input mixer: Four mic/line Two mono/stereo
• Operates on AC or with Passport DC power accessories
• 250 watts (125 per channel) stereo
• Digital Reverb
• Proprietary DSA speaker design featuring two 5.5” woofers and dual arrayed 2.75” tweeters per cabinet.
• Two P-51 microphones (with mic clips, cables and individual carrying pouches)
• Two 20’ Speaker Cables
• Compatible with Passport wireless accessories

I would also like to have the Yamaha Stage Pas as an option to a Fender Passport........No matter where your music leads, Yamaha's new STAGEPAS™ 300 Portable PA system has the power and portability to go with you. It has all the power and high-quality sound you need to fill a small performance space, yet it is small and light enough to take wherever it is needed. Combining a built-in powered mixer and PA speakers, it's incredibly easy to use — you can be set up and playing in a matter of minutes! STAGEPAS™ 300 is the perfect road companion, providing powerful, reliable, convenient sound reinforcement for a wide variety of applications.

Great sound has never been so portable — and so easy to use. High quality, convenience, and power to go!

Or a Behringer PA system...











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit