MY RANDOM THOUGHTS

A blog of my thoughts on the many things that i am experiencing at home and in my job...nice articles gathered from the web...my recipes...travels... and also the hopes and dreams of whatever I may think of and feel like writing about...confessing my inner thoughts, opinions, or whatever to the world wide web...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Talamban, Cebu, DOHA, Qatar

Married and was living with my wife and an only child in Cebu City before becoming an Overseas Worker in Qatar...I am again at a crossroad in my life... another stage is set in my professional career I have just move on to another job as an HR Manager and now my present job is being a Top Executive in a general contracting firm in the middle east...i'm an acoustic amateur guitar player on the side who loves reading almost anything that I could get my hands on...

Monday, September 15, 2008

This is also an Inspirational Blog/Story I came across

Getting a Job in Dubai within 3 months

To start with let me give you a hint of who I am - my name is Adam Christian C. Roxas, my friends call me adam or ian (last 3 letters of my 2nd name), I’m 25 yo, a web enthusiast, avid pinoy indy music lover and a God chaser.

As a professional, well, i’ve had my share of work experiences delving into computers so just check my site - www.adamroxas.cdofirst.org to further give you an idea of where I stand as a skilled I.T worker.

Enough said about me - so lets move into the gist of this. “Getting a Job in Dubai Within 3 Months” - I only have 3 days left until D-day and I am off to dubai where I will test the waters and seek for a more suitable, high-earning, tax-free and challlenging job as a web developer or programmer or graphics designer or systems support or anything that has to do with computers as it is my forte so to speak. In preparations for this I’ve made an online portfolio, researched on avaible I.T. jobs on the net and applied online, did a little research on the place - the way of living, cost of living and etc. and above all else I prayed to God - seeking his will and his guidance.

So far, my preparation is a bit off since I still don’t have my visa on hand but I was promised by my sister that I will get it as soon as I am in Manila the day before my departure. I’m a bit frustrated and worried since I am the kind of guy that prepares for everything before hand (i am an O.C.) and i find it hard to digest the fact that my preparation checklist is not complete but i depend on God’s provision and His timing - He gave me this opportunity and I am made calm by His presence all throughout my journey.

Ive seen a post on youtube about this guy who, for 5 months, still did not have a job and suggested to all pinoys to cancel their plans of coming to dubai and look for a job - “huwag na kayong pumunta dito mahirap mg hanap ng trabaho dito!” - as he exclaimed. Well, that’s according to him and the way he dressed up (unpresentable, not corporate, not formal) - shows his insincerity and is undeserving to have a job. Forgive me if I am rude but i just find it so degrading for people to disseminate such words of discouragement. I always say to myself to take a chance, test the waters, take a step because its the only way for us to know our limits. If you believe you can do it then why not? If there’s one thing I learned in life it is that “Life is tough” - nothing comes easy - you don’t go and venture into another place seeking for a good life and expecting that it will be served to you in a platter! You have to work harder, sleep lesser and use your head to have a better-financially-stable life. And of course, in everything you do always put God first (as my Girlfriend always tells me). Another lesson learned: “Never let the opinion of others be the opinion of you” - another wise word I’ve qoute from my Girlfriend.

So what are my chances of having a good job after 3 months? This i do not know. One thing is for sure though that I am going to look for a job like I have never looked before, I am going to exert my effort like nothing before, I am going to pray and depend on God like nothing before and at the end of the day I will thank God for the strength, the provisions, the love and the blessings for it was nothing compared before.

This entry was posted on August 21, 2008 at 3:01 am and is filed under Getting a Job in Dubai within 3 months with tags I.T. Jobs in Dubai, Life in Dubai, Pinoy in Dubai. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

counter easy hit